Faith Church is an Evangelical Free Church (efca.org) located in Dallas, Oregon
We are a multi-generational church family striving to glorify God by making the transforming grace of Jesus known in Dallas and beyond. Our mission is to help people become followers of Jesus that love God, love others and make disciples. It is our desire to grow in living out our faith, proclaiming the Gospel in everyday ways among the people God brings into our lives.
Learn more about us by exploring this website and visiting our Facebook page.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Church Administrator will serve Jesus and contribute to our church’s overall vision and mission by freeing our pastoral staff to focus their leadership on their ministry areas. Specifically, the Church Administrator will assist in the oversight of the office, facility management, bookkeeping, online presence, and communications. This person will need to be flexible and adaptable to take on changing responsibilities in a sometimes fast-paced ministry environment.
To download this job description, CLICK HERE.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Arrange manage all office equipment maintenance and repairs
• Responsible and coordinate the church calendar, room usage, etc.
• Recruit/coordinate volunteer help for occasional hospitality needs & reception/phones.
• Oversee and supervise the receptionist/welcome secretary along with custodial staff
• Along with the receptionist/welcome secretary, screen all phone calls, walk-in traffic, and coordinate appointments with pastors.
• Keep church records up-to-date (Births, weddings, baptisms, membership, etc.)
• Prepare all accounting and bookkeeping reports; prepare payroll and accounts payable for processing by outside service (Computer Ease)
• Assist in developing and managing the church’s financial checkbook, writing checks and reimbursements and balancing and reconciling the financial accounts
• Basic graphic design - electronic and print media
• Maintain website, social media and internet presence along with print media and boards
• Maintain/ monitor the Church’s office budget i.e. supplies, equipment purchases/leases and postage
• Information Technology oversight (hardware, software, server, etc)
• Oversee/assist with coordination of funeral and wedding logistics, scheduling, support.
• Manage the Purchase Order (PO) System in QuickBooks. Including research and reconciliation
• Administer, manage and further implement our online church management program
• Handle some Human Resource areas – tracking employee paperwork, benefits, vacation/sick time, etc.
• Oversight of building access – issuing keys, fobs, access codes, etc.
• Other duties as assigned
• Directly reports and assists the Lead Pastor
• Attend weekly staff meetings, take notes, determine required follow-up
• Assist overall ministry by providing support to the entire staff.
• Assist Maintenance Manager in simple facility needs (setting clocks, thermostats, building access) and by scheduling/coordinating facility maintenance and repairs
• Vibrant, consistent, growing personal faith in and dependency on Jesus Christ.
• Whole-hearted agreement with the doctrinal statement and distinctives of the Evangelical Free Church of America.
• High School Diploma required. Associates or bachelor’s Degree desired.
• Work experience in office atmosphere required.
• Church ministry experience desired.
• Basic bookkeeping/accounting experience preferred.
• Proficient in computers; specifically, mastery with all MS Office applications
• Type a minimum of 40 WPM (Test prior to offer)
• Strong aptitude for web technology. Able to intuitively navigate website management program, social media and online church database.
Other Desired Skills/Characteristics
• Must be committed to working alongside the other leaders and within the mission, values and philosophical framework of Faith Church
• Servant heart
• Excellent oral and written communicator
• Proactive problem-solver, decision-maker
• Detailed, organized, and self-motivated individual
• Supervisory skills
• Personal and pleasant demeanor and phone manner
• Dependable (track record of previous employment), discreet, professional and neat
• Flexible and adaptable to ministry pace and changing responsibilities
• Positive, upbeat and friendly personality (Simple Myers Briggs testing prior to offer)
• Able to represent pastoral staff and church well
• Appropriate, sensitive, able to keep confidences.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Hourly pay, rate to be determined based on educational background, experience and skills. Wage will be reviewed on a yearly basis along with performance.
- Somewhat flexible 28-32-hour work week (maximum 40 hours as required) primarily during 4-5 weekdays. Minimal, occasional Sunday hours.
- Vacation, retirement (5%), sick leave.
- Tuition Discount for any children at Faith Christian School
HOW TO APPLY:
Please, no phone calls at this time.
First step in application process - email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org